Thursday, January 29, 2009

Movin' on up (literally)

As our time left in hawaii is slowly but surely dwindling away, Evan and I are growing more and more anxious by the second. We have begun making apartment plans, airline reservations, and have all of the furniture picked out and added to shopping cart on ikea.com already.
But most importantly, Evan and I are all applied and eager to hear back from The University of Oregon, Eugene to find out which of our credits will transfer. 

So, here's a little breakdown of the month of May, Mandy style (no synthesizers needed):
middle of May: flying into San Jose to visit ev's brother, sister, and nieces (and I suppose mine now, as well), the offering up some much needed family time to my daddy's side of the family- Aunt Cookie, Mary & Joe, and Collette and Cody. 

After that it is on to Oakland, California, my favorite place in the world. yes even over disneyland. There we will pick up our cars and whisk them back to Where this long journey began, but will not be ending, Reno, NV. The plan is to stay there for a few days and get some stuff out of storage and into or cars and also to spend some time with friends.

Then, during the first week of June, we will be traveling up to the beautiful state of Oregon where I am sure my first week there will involve staying in my new apartment for a week straight and getting it all set up and decorated to my liking (thanks for the perfectionism, mom and dad!) and then I'm sure I will be heading up to glorious Portland to get a big bear hug from my bro whom I have sincerely missed so dearly. 

I can't wait for our new adventure! We are so proud of ourselves for saving up enough money and doing this whole move on our own! 

We will keep you informed!


1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.