Monday, February 2, 2009

The Smallest City Park in the World..

So here's what our Portland tourist map has to say about this place: "At 24 inches in diameter, this is the world's smallest city park. It was dedicated by Oregon Journal writer Dick Fagan, who wrote imaginative pieces about the park and it's leprechaun inhabitants in many of his 'Mill Ends' columns. Look for the park, closely, in the middle of the traffic island at the intersection of SW Taylor Street and Naito Parkway."
So I was pretty excited to see this miniature park.. I mean it couldn't possibly have been anything more than one bonsai and perhaps an elaborate planter, and an implanted bronze sculpture of tiny park benches at most.

This is what it looks like up close.  I feel really disappointed.  Honestly, if this were the "city park" that were dedicated in my name, I'd become an expatriot and change my name!  What an embarassment!  Oh well, what can ya do?  :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.